Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Dick Blick Art Supplies

Perusing thru the Dick Blick catalogue www.dickblick.com (now that I have a gift certificate!), I found the Strathmore cards that I'm out of.  It's more economical to buy the box of 50 v. 10 pack.  If you buy the 10 pack locally you will pay around $8.  The 50 pack is $19.00.  I'm also finding that their wood and metal ready-made frames are a great deal also.  Less than Aaron Bros., as well as Delta Mat & Moulding.  I'm not sure why I didn't order from them before.

Dick Blick also carries the brand Krystal Clear bags for storage of your individual cards as well as for matted prints.  I remember I did have a problem with this particular brand in that one of the sizes didn't quite fit the artwork.  However, I usually buy my bags from www.clearbags.com.  You get a pack of 100 for the card size for $7.00!!!  Their west coast supplier just happens to be over in Placerville.  I've never been over there, but I probably should do the drive and save the $15 shipping charges.  I have another artist friend who said she would be interested in going over there with me sometime.  I'll have to take her up on that.  In regards to mounting your photo onto the Strathmore card, artists can get really wrapped up in the 'special glue' to use and various other processes, placing them in between books to set, etc.  I've been through all those and the bottom line is:  two sided acid free tape works perfectly!!  Quit wracking your brain over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment